Sunday, March 22, 2009

This is the most 'out there' e-mail I've sent to Barack Obama


I feel silly for sending this e-mail to Barack Obama. But, I also can't help feeling its something I need to at least put out there, into the universe.

Dear President Obama,

I supported your campaign. You're the first politician I ever donated money to. I believe you have the instincts of a leader.

But, something's not right. With all our good hopes and good wishes for your success on behalf of the USA, and with all the patience and sacrifice we're ready to offer, why isn't there a feeling that the government is working on the problem? Why don't I feel that really intelligent, nonpartisan, people of integrity are working together to save this country's economic and social future?

Is it the media, your advisors, too many voices, ineffective communication, moving too quickly, partisan politics, bureaucracy or something else? I don't know what it is, but something doesn't feel right

I know it sounds goofy, but in all honesty, I think you need to sit alone in the oval office with your eyes closed and clear your mind. Or, stand in a hot shower and allow the water to clear your mind.

Only then will you hear the truth of your instincts (your God, your spirit, the universe) and you will know the right way to proceed.

Even if it is audacious.

I dare to hope it will be.

All the best to you,

No comments: