Monday, March 23, 2009

Larry Summers on the Newshour


Oy Vey - Did I really hear that? Based on this excerpt from the transcript of Larry Summers appearsnce on The Newshour, I guess I did.
And increasing the flow of credit is one component of an economic strategy that will get our economy going again, because more credit will mean a stronger economy, which in turn will mean a healthier financial system, meaning more credit, and we'll see some of those vicious cycles of recent months turned into virtuous circles.

Vicious cycles will turn into virtuous circles?
I can't make too much fun of it because its exactly the kind of thing I would say. But, I wonder if he made it up on the spot, or if he waited for the opportunity to say it, and if its the latter, then who wrote it?

Anyway - that's quite a phrase.

No comments: