Thursday, January 29, 2009

Republicans and the Obama Economic Stimulus Plan


I heard a discussion today with Chris Hayes of The Nation about the Republicans who voted no on the economic stimulus plan - the entire Republican House delegation. He pointed out that many of the Republicans come from districts that are conservative and wouldn't want their representatives to work with the Democrats (even if our economy is destroyed in the process, it seems). Those representatives have nothing to lose by voting no. I blame Tom DeLay and the excessive redistricting. I'd like all the congressional districts to be 1/2 and 1/2 or something like that.

I don't know for sure Obama's plan will work, but it would be nice if everyone could work together so we can get something that's not too extreme in either direction.

No reason for the green peppers pictures. I just added it to the blog for some color and interest.

145 words and 840 characters (with spaces)

No comments: