Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tell Uh Vizh Uhn

The State of Television:
Few comedies
Serialized dramas (sad or immoral people, conspiracies, lies)
Crime procedurals
Rich people soaps

I'm a television watcher, but I find many of the shows right now are boring or irritating or a burden I no longer care about.
I'm happy to NOT be watching Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives this season.

I don't think the Jay Leno move to 10:00 pm every night is a good one for viewers of television. First, I'm not a Jay Leno fan. I'm not 'anti' Jay Leno, I just don't watch his show. I've tried a few times but I don't think his monologues are funny and I don't like his guest interviews. I think some of his street stuff is funny. But, not worth taking my time to watch.
And now he's going to be on 5 mights a week. Odd.

If I were Conan O'Brien I'd feel betrayed by NBC. Sure, he's getting the old Tonight Show spot, but with Jay Leno on earlier and presenting essentially the same show, he gets cut off at the knees.

No comments: