Wednesday, December 31, 2008

From 2008 to 2009

What a year! Personally, nothing much changed, and yet I feel I'm on the verge of something. Like a lot of people, I'm walking gingerly through each day and trying to stay calm through all the national and international issues we're facing.

My accomplishments:
I write in this blog on a moderately regular basis
I've cleared out a lot of the extra 'stuff' in my house
I've made some cards for people
I liked listening to the conversations Oprah had with Eckhart Tolle about his book, A New Earth.

What I'd like for 2009
I'd like to PRACTICE PEACE IN THOUGHT WORD AND DEED (my motto), read more, learn how to be creative with all my craft supplies, express myself through art, make this blog more interesting to look at, be a better blog writer, take more pictures, learn how to use Photoshop Elements, meditate daily, become more fit by doing Yoga, eat better, do all the right medical/dental things (eek!), get a financial cushion, stay focused and productive, learn how to keep practicing and not give up, and be the truest expression of myself.

I'll mostly focus on the motto though. What does it mean to PRACTICE PEACE IN THOUGHT WORD AND DEED? Essentially it means to follow the principles in A New Earth and the Four Agreements. Easy Schmeezy, right? And it means to be more proactive about creating a peaceful world.

Positive Affirmation for 2009
In 2009 the governments and political leaders of the world will discover peaceful ways to resolve conflict, the members of the world community will distribute life-saving resources to all areas of the globe without judgement, individuals with power and wealth will not abuse their good fortune and the efforts of their hard work, we'll all learn to value and respect each other's differences and individual journeys through this life, and everyone will know they're loved.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO US ALL!

P.S. By the way - in its original form, this post was about three times as long and it didn't say much more than what I just wrote. I think that should count as an accomplishment for 2008!

No comments: