Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Revised Card


Okay - so here we are. My second attempt at the same card. It turns out I don't have a steady enough hand to free draw outlines. I took more time and used scratch paper to define the border on both the white card and the stamped card.
My instinct was to give up and use the card as it was. I don't think that instinct is helpful. The moral of the story is that practice makes perfect.
I think the card is missing something textural (I embossed the border of the stamped piece) - metal or fabric or something like that. I'm afraid to experiment at this point. I got the card to look relatively decent and not all mussed up. I'd like to leave well enough alone. Maybe when I'm better at 'creating' I'll feel more comfortable taking it a step further. As an 'artist' its important not to get too wrapped up in losing a piece. I remember that from when I took a ceramics class. You never can tell if the piece will break in the kiln.
I guess the difference is the kiln is out of my control. Whereas, taking time learning to make a card look less childish is in my control. Phew! Its tough trying to be crafty and creative!!

No comments: