Sunday, November 16, 2008

Unions

I like unions. I like the idea of people working together for a common cause.

And why were unions necessary? Because company owners were not valuing workers. Working conditions were bad, companies took advantage of people with few options, and sweat equity was not rewarded.

So, unions came into being.

After awhile unions started asking for more and more.

Companies are being taken down by the excessive union contracts (automakers).

I think the unions should give a little for the sake of all of us. But, I also think the company big shots should share the wealth among the workers more. On their own. If the company could be trusted to share a reasonable amount of profit with the workers, a union wouldn't be necessary. A CEO receives 20 million dollars a year and a worker makes less than 100, 000 a year. That sounds unreasonable. Maybe the CEO should receive 10 million a year and the workers can get a bit more.

That's all I'm asking for. But, I'm not in a union.

No comments: