Monday, November 3, 2008

The day before

Somebody named Matthew on Good Morning America just made the point that even if its an overwhelming Democratic victory - top of the ticket and on down - the "mandate" is for political temperament and governing style rather than a specific policy.

I agree. People are sick of the way politics have been working in the last 8 years. There are legitimate questions about the correct policy, but the style has been negative, divisive, and has stagnated our government.

*****

This has been such a long election and I can't imagine how any of the people closely associated with the campaign can keep going. Those are people I don't understand or even know. That much sustained energy and dedication? Wow - I wish I had it. Just shy of two years of campaigning - the last year has been relentless.

I'm talking about Obama of course. I don't think McCain has had as rough a go of it.

In any event, to win means more of the same for potentially 8 more years. Man - if that were me, I'd be kind of hoping to lose so I could relax awhile. That's why I'll never run for President.

No comments: