Thursday, October 2, 2008

Pushing Daisies

From 09/30/2008 The Watcher from the Chicago Tribune (http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/):

"Even something as gossamer as whimsy can grate after a while. Perhaps the irritation comes from the fact that this show’s tone of arch amusement never, ever varies. The show’s visuals may be eye-poppingly creative, but its emotional range is very narrow."

I agree. That's why I don't care so much about watching "Pushing Daisies". I wanted to like it. I enjoyed the visual look and I especially enjoyed seeing all the actors and actresses. In fact, none of them bug me or anything. Swoozie Kurtz (I remember her show with Tony Randall "Love, Sydney in 1981) and Kristin Chenoweth are particular favorites.

I watched most of it last season, but this season I decided I was a slave to my TIVO and cancelled a lot of shows I didn't always feel like watching that much, no matter when I watched it.

No comments: