Thursday, October 2, 2008

Biden - Palin debate

I don't think Sarah Palin needs to be embarrassed, but she really was at the limit of her ability. I thought her 'folksy-ness' became a bit irritating by the end.

If Biden had done a bad or mediocre job, Palin would have been a clear winner.
But, I thought Biden did a wonderful job. I was proud of him. Of course I support Obama - Biden so of course I thought he did well.

In terms of a debate, it was a rather good one. It wasn't uncomfortable to watch Palin and Biden supported his candidate admirably.

Strictly speaking of a debate - Biden won. Palin evaded and had an aggressive defensive posture. Does that make sense? I mean, she took on some of McCain's expectation of insult. Hmmm...that doesn't make sense either. She was really quick to say that she might not answer the questions that Gwen Ifill or Joe Biden had. I thought that was unnecessarily aggressive. I think the word aggressive is where I'm missing the point. Anyway...

I thought Biden made a fantastic closing comment, though I can't remember it anymore.

I also thought Palin said some shocking things - but of course I can't remember those anymore either. Just a couple but it made me groan.

Okay - so as a supporter of Obama - Biden, I think Sarah Palin has done her best and I don't think it was quite enough to move people to McCain. I think she reinforced her own base and gave them a little more confidence. That's all. I still think we can beat 'em. I'm not sad.

No comments: