Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Food Network Star, Design Star, The Mole, Dr Horrible

As these competitions wind down, I have less to say. I don't feel the need to send energy out into the cosmos to support, protect or defend my favorite contestants. They're either still there and doing well on their own, or they've already been eliminated.

Food Network Star
I thought Lisa was very sincere when she said cooking is love to her. I wish I could remember exactly how she said it because it was very endearing. Cooking means more to her than just tasty sustenance - its how she expresses her love.
Adam has grown on me. I don't want him to overdo the 'funny guy' thing. I thought it was interesting to hear he'd started a restaurant with friends and family that eventually failed. That has to be humbling and exhausting. It says something about his character (on the surface anyway) that he still wants to be involved in the cooking world, although he did say it was hard to get back into it after the restaurant.
I like Aaron, but he really does seem uncomfortable in front of the camera. He makes great food (they say). I enjoyed Aaron early on and had less confidence in Adam. But, its kind of flip flopped now.

If any of the three win, that'll be fine with me. In fact, I would have taken the top five - I liked Shane and Kelsey as well.

Design Star
This year has gone by so fast! We only had nine designers and we're already down to three!
I like both Jennifer and Matt particulary - not Trish so much. I don't like Trish as well because I thought she helped to create an atmosphere of animosity by being catty behind people's backs with Michael. I don't know if I'm right - its a feeling I had while watching. I think next week we'll get a better idea of the designer's ability and style.

The Mole
Well...what to think now. Hmmm...
I'm starting to wonder if Nicole is The Mole. For the very same reason I think Paul might be The Mole. They're both over the top. And that Craig just sits quietly. He never seems nervous about what's happening. Mark is kinda overacting as well. And then there's overly suspicious Clay. Aargh...this is tricky!!!!
I've been thinking one way to figure it out is to think about who their friends are. People generally wouldn't suspect their 'friend' of being The Mole. In fact, that first group of people who all congealed around Bobby went in a clump. They were discussing it with each other a lot and must have been going in the wrong direction. So, it makes sense the people who weren't in that clique are still left (my memory may be faulty about this).
Mark and Clay talk a lot, Paul used to be part of that gang along with Alex, Craig is by himself, and Nicole is by herself. Its got to be one of Mark, Clay, or Paul. Or, they all think its the same person - Craig.
hmmm....

Dr. Horrible
I watched Part 1 today. It was kinda cute. I didn't watch Doogie Howser, but I've become a big fan of Neil Patrick Harris. He just seems like a really genuine, professional, entertainer. I like his enthusiasm.
As far as Joss Whedon - I'm a huge Firefly fan. I don't like Vampire shows.
I do, however, love musicals.
Dr. Horrible was getting a ton of press coverage, so I gave it a try.
It was sweet and interesting and endearing and kinda humorous. I can see how it would become a favorite.
Anyway - it could be the beginning of a brave new world, right?

No comments: