Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Design Star, Food Network Star, The Mole

THE MOLE
Why could any of them be the Mole?
Craig - he blamed Nicole for coming back with the wrong answer that she should have known was clearly wrong. But, it wasn't until after she'd left that Clay noticed the math part so why would she have known it was wrong? It sounds like he's grabbing at straws to find a reason to say something so he can throw us off the track.
Paul - he's been my suspicion the whole time, but I'm less sure of it now. Why? Because when he mentioned to his wife about the money, it seemed there was an implicit agreement that being the Mole would suck 'cause you don't get as much money. I don't remember how the Mole is compensated.
Nicole - She couldn't fail the test because she's the Mole so she had to act like she'd decided not to quit to her mother. On the other hand, it was in her private time with her Mother that she expressed the desire to be out of the competition, which she wouldn't have even mentioned (I think) if she were the Mole because she knows she can't get out of the competition.
Mark - I guess he's the one person I don't have any reason for. He may not be the Mole. Or, he's doing his overacting thing. Except he really did trust Clay, I think.

Classic when Nicole's Mother called her Omarossa! Ouch - I'd take that as a huge insult!
And, when Nicole's Mother looked disgusted that Nicole had threatened bodily harm. I liked Nicole with her Mom - she seemed more genuine as a daughter. I have more sympathy for Nicole - I think her Mom must be hard on her (while at the same time loving her).

The challenges in this show are pretty interesting. They don't always pan out, but the possibility is there. Clever.

DESIGN STAR
The right two people are in the finals. However, I don't think either of them have shown us anything exciting, fresh, or special in any of the challenges. I blame the challenges, I don't think they've been interesting. There haven't been enough solo challenges. And, with family members the designers would never have gone crazy so it just fizzled. Kinda blah all around.
I hope the last challenge will bring something exciting. I like both of them though.
I choose Jennifer over Matt because she's the one who looks like she might be the kookier, which I appreciate. But, I like Matt as well. I'd be happy with either of them at this point. The final challenge will be the deciding factor (quite literally, eh?)

FOOD NETWORK STAR
I like that all three are in the final. But, I'm a little surprised. I like Aaron. I believe I've liked him from the beginning. Apparently he cooks well and I've seen him take some chances and make good choices. However, he's SO awkward in front of the camera that its painful to watch sometimes. I guess if he had his own show he'd settle down and it would be pleasant to watch him. Which, I guess, is why he's been given another chance. And how painful was it to watch him in front of the Las Vegas crowd? I had to get up and walk away it hurt so much.
I like Lisa and it breaks my heart to watch her frustration get the better of her. It doesn't happen in cooking - just the other stuff. I think she can get over it and I support her efforts because I feel like they're my efforts too. I want her to win the most.
Adam - I'd probably enjoy his cooking style the most since its comfort food cooked easily. I wonder how his sense of 'humor' would develop? If he thinks that's what he's known for, he might push it too hard.
My order of finish is Lisa, Adam, Aaron (but I'd accept any one of them)

No comments: