Monday, June 23, 2008

Doctor Who

I've never enjoyed sci-fi about monsters and scary things. I don't like horror.
But, I love Doctor Who. They know how to make creepy looking aliens enjoyable and fun.
Who wouldn't love an Ood?

I'm concerned I have strong feelings about the show.
I liked Christopher Eccleston as Doctor Who and I don't understand why he left. Was it because he really wanted to? Or was it because they decided to make Rose and The Doctor have a romantic love relationship? I thought he was a little too old for her.

In the second season, I thought the love relationship was a little awkward as it developed and I wasn't sure I would like the show anymore. Then, in the last two episodes it all paid off for me.

In season 2 I got used to David Tennant, in Season 3 I had to get used to a new companion. And I did - I like Martha Jones a lot. Its completely believable that she fell in love with The Doctor - I would, no doubt about it. Season 3 had some of the best episodes.

And then, we don't see Martha Jones very much this season. Why? Did Freema Agyeman know she was only going to be the companion for one season? I don't get it.

In any event, Donna Noble came aboard and she's been great too! She has a great personality and has been fun to watch.

I like to save up episodes on my TIVO so I got caught up this weekend. Excellent. I'm looking forward to the last four (?) episodes. Kinda giddy excited as a matter of fact, since I know the finale will have Rose Tyler, Martha Jones, and Donna Noble.

And I like Alex Kingston so that character is intriguing as well. I saw some people have issues with the character in message boards and I wonder if any of them read 'The Time Traveler's Wife'. It is perfectly reasonable that she'd act the way she did. Well, reasonable in the world of Sci-Fi Time Travel...:)

No comments: