Thursday, October 29, 2020

A couple videos

Isn't it lovely that other people are creative and want to share their truths?  I think so.


Here are two videos I find valuable when I feel frustration, disappointment, judgement, impatience, or anger at other people.


This first one is new to me.  There's a saying about being gentle with other people because you don't know what burdens they carry.  This video is a good illustration of the idea via a whole new word!

John Koenig coined the word Sonder in his Dictionary of Obscure Sorrow website (which it appears will soon become a book!). 

I heard about Sonder from a TikTok video by @kevinktqiu.  Hey - that's how things happen these days!  (Do I know how to link to the original TikTok video?  No.  No I do not.)

This video is 02:38 minutes.



And this video...this next one is really profound to me.  
It's an animated interpretation of a story by Andy Weir called The Egg.  The animation comes from Kurzegsadt studio.  According to their website "We are an animation studio and a design agency. We create unique explanatory videos. But we also offer many graphic design services"  They have a YouTube channel:  Kurzegsadt - In a Nutshell
Now that the introductions are over - here's the video (07:54):



It's important that in this life I forgive everyone because in another life I will BE everyone.  
This concept allows me to imagine myself AS everyone and I feel myself in their lives living it - doing the best they can with where they are.
The person who today, in this life, looks to me like they have hate in their hearts...one day that will be me and I'll understand what brought them to that point.  
As I think about that person now and forgive them this moment, a loving energy is sent out into the universe. They'll feel it in their heart because we are the same. Maybe there will be less hate in their heart - because it's my heart, and I have less hate in mine. 

The more I remember these ideas, the happier I'll be in this life.

No comments: