Sunday, March 15, 2020

WTF DJT??

I don’t know what to even say.
Impeachment, Democratic Primaries, Coronavirus.
Political Ecology of the World Food System
I’m overwhelmed and anxious.
Luckily, we’re all supposed to practice social distancing.
Since that’s my instinct when I’m anxious, it works out for me.
I can’t seem to finish my class - I have a final paper due tomorrow.
It’s hanging over my head,  yet I can’t bang it out.

This pandemic is unprecedented in my lifetime, in my experience.
I’ve always wondered how people in worse situations than this survive...war, natural disaster, famine.
Imagine living in an area where you hear an air raid siren and bombs might fall on you. Sheesh!
I couldn’t even deal with tornado and hurricane warnings.
I know I’m prone to situational anxiety under normal circumstances. I get nervous when they start warning us about a snowstorm or a heat wave or a big windstorm.

I’m feeling anxious in this scenario. If it were worse...I can’t imagine. I just can’t imagine.
Even living in America as a non-white, non-heterosexual person has to incur a level of anxiety.

I thought about all the Australian fires and how many people were affected by that. And the Koalas and Kangaroos that didn’t even know what was happening.  And the bees...something crazy is happening to them. They had their own pandemic just like we’re having now.  It’s our turn.

Donald Trump is a horrible President. Absolutely the worst. He’d be a bad king.
He’d be a crappy boss. He’d be the worst coworker.
I can’t say anything good about him except that he’s a human being and deserving of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness...even if he doesn’t want to spread that around.
He lies. Everything is about him. He thinks he’s amazing and talks about it every chance he gets. He’s got a selective memory. He’s mean.

That’s my check-in.
I went to the gas station, pet store, my Mom’s house, Bartell’s and the grocery store today. The sun was out and people were out walking around. I think it’s okay to do that outside. But, people were in bars and restaurants as well. After seeing so many people in bars and restaurants last night (Saturday), Governor Inslee closed down restaurants and bars this afternoon. Social distancing won’t work if people are out and about. I hope I didn’t get too close to anyone today.

They say it’s going to get worse. I hope I don’t get it. I don’t think I’m healthy enough to withstand it conside ring my food staple is Saltine crackers.
I’m grateful my job is remote already. I hope we get to keep working and getting a paycheck.
I’m not sure how construction will be affected.

Tomorrow I have to take Mom’s taxes to her accountant in Redmond. And I’ll stop at the bank as well.

Enough.

Stay safe people.

No comments: