Thursday, August 10, 2017

Two hundred and twenty-second day

Today I'm grateful for my job.
I'm not so cocky to believe I'm the only one who can do my job. In fact, I suspect there's someone out there who can do my job better than I do.
For that reason I'm grateful I was in the right place at the right time.
Also, it's a common human trait that if you have something (or someone) that's acceptable and doesn't cause trouble, you're more likely to keep what you have rather than look for something else. I'm grateful for that as well.
Now that the humble part is out of the way, honestly, I do a good job for my company.
I do wish they'd listen to me more though. I think I could revolutionize how our company works.
And that leads to the other thing I'm grateful for...I have lots to learn!!!!
I'm not a person who likes to take the lead on things. I'm a better cheerleader. I will be supportive and root you on...but I don't want to be responsible or obligated any more than I am!
Which is why I can't complain too much that people don't listen to me.
That's what makes me an 'acceptable' employee, rather than an exceptional employee. At least for my job.

No comments: