Saturday, February 11, 2017

Forty-second Day

Babylon 5 - The Gathering, 

Back in the winter of 2008 to 2009 I watched Babylon 5 (and even wrote Blogger posts on it - with the label "What I Watch").  Today, I felt like watching 'The Gathering'.  I don't recall if I watched this back then, but I know I didn't see it when I watched the original airing of Babylon 5 back in the 90's.
As noted in previous posts, I didn't watch the first couple seasons as they aired, I only jumped on board in season two or three.

I enjoyed watching it this afternoon.  There's a pretty rich story in the series and while I don't remember the details, I felt like I was learning things I needed to know for the rest of the show.

A couple of the actors didn't make it to the main series (because the series didn't start until more than a year after this pilot).  That was interesting.

For a detailed commentary on Babylon 5: The Gathering, see  this blog: "Dreaming About Other Worlds" 

***

Otherwise, I notice that today, even though I tried really hard to play with an Altenew stamp set, Tulip, I really only did a couple tries, sat in the same chair I sit in when working, and mostly watched Babylon 5 and listened to Amicus (a Slate podcast about the courts).

***

I slept for hours last night - I think nearly 12, at least 11.  I woke up from a weird and interesting dream that I was able to write out.  I'm not sure if it was a message about my friend LJB, a message from my friend LJB, or just a musing on family.  It involved my natural mother and lots of brothers and sisters who enjoy playing games (the fun kind, not "mind games"). Or did it involve LJB's family?  Not sure.

***

FYI  - the teeth on my right side are really sensitive and have been for the last week.  They're not sensitive to heat or cold, but to pressure.  I can't afford to fix them - but I'm also too scared to fix them.  I think if I had the chance to go back in time, one of the things I'd do differently is take better care of my teeth.  It's no fun.
***

My Mother was invited to a tea today with some people she doesn't know very well.  She was very excited about it and has been planning her outfit for more than a week.
I found that endearing.

It's also something I NEVER do - I try NOT to give all that attention to something.  It makes me more nervous to put that much effort into something.  On the other hand - it sure is nice to be prepared to make a nice impression.
I think I should do it more.
I usually wing things and then pass it off if I'm not as well prepared as I could have been.
I'm not proud of it.
When SGM and her husband came to visit recently I hadn't  prepared a restaurant to go to.  That works for me because I don't care about eating at restaurants  very much.  But, I wish I'd spent a little more time trying to make them comfortable.  I didn't.  We ended up at a pizza place.

So - I think I should follow my mother's example in this regard.  Surprise, surprise.

***

I got a call earlier this morning from my neighbor who I haven't seen in a while.  We usually catch up with each other in the hall once or twice a month.  But, we haven't recently.  So, she called.  I'd been thinking about making her a card and slipping it under her door - just to say hello.  (See?  I have good IDEAS to be thoughtful).  Anyway - she said there was talk about me during their Friday gathering last night as a possible board member.  They were saying positive things.  That was very nice and made me feel good.   I'm not going to run for the board because that's too much work.  I think being the Building Committee chairperson is enough work for me - especially now that I looked in the Red Book to find out what the duties are!!  I get to be organized, so that's fun.

***

A little more 'chatty' today than I intended.  Sorry to all my blog readers - you know who you are - for being so self-indulgent.
Have a great day! :)


No comments: