Friday, January 27, 2017

Twenty-seventh Day

Water, sun on the rocks, Medina Beach, November 2013

Another day has passed.
I played cards last night.  
Work yesterday.
Still struggling a bit, but I think today will be better.
I'm looking forward to the weekend.
Maybe I can get myself in the right frame of mind to get back to the way I felt at the beginning of the new year.

There's a lot of stuff going on politically that I'd love to comment on, but I think it would take pages and pages, which isn't what this blog is for.
(Though, on that note, I notice it's becoming a sketchy diary of my days which is also not what this blog is for!)

Today is another march in Washington, except this time its Pro Life to protest Roe v Wade.  
Ugh.
I completely disagree with these people and I don't know why our country should base our laws on religious belief.
I don't even want to write it, but to be fair, the Pro Life group thinks this country supports murder because of Roe v Wade. If I thought the government was supporting murder I'd be protesting as well.
Come to think of it - I do:  Black Lives Matter, Guns, Environment.  
So - I have to give them their right to protest.
But, how will we ever get along?

I'm getting to the point where many of my fellow Americans don't have the same values I do.
We have to share some values in order to peacefully coexist in one country.
Otherwise, what are we doing it for?
What's so great about the United States as a country?  Why not break up?  I'm beginning to question these things because I don't see how I can coexist with people who disagree with me and won't compromise or collaborate. 
I'm willing to allow regulations on abortion, but I also want regulations on guns.  
What I hear is that the other side wants zero abortions and no restriction on guns.
How is that going to work?  How are we to live together?

I'll leave it at that for today.  Very sad.

No comments: