Sunday, October 27, 2013

Anything Goes at the 5th Avenue




I enjoyed the Cole Porter musical "Anything Goes" at the 5th Avenue Theater today.

The two numbers I enjoyed the most (and received the most applause) were the last song of the first act, "Anything Goes" and the second act song "Blow, Gabriel, Blow".  Those were the two songs that had the most dancing.  Both can be found on YouTube.

The singing was fantastic - everyone had a wonderful voice.

I love live theater.  I appreciate the effort the cast and crew put into creating a nice experience for me.  

I was sitting in the back.  Sadly for the 5th Avenue it was not sold out.  But, for me it was wonderful to spread out.  No one was sitting around me.

I have a hard time sitting still for plays.  99% of other people are still and quiet during the play.  Me?  I fidget and shift around, I cross and uncross my leg, I sit up on the chair, I sit back.  I feel a lot of pressure if someone is behind me.  Today - no one was behind me so I could change my position all I wanted to.





No comments: