Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Syria - A letter to President Obama


I plan to send President Obama a handmade card.  I'm hoping that will get me an autographed photo or some other souvenir.  I've had no luck when I use the 'contact us' link on whitehouse.gov.
If you know me, you know it will take me a LONG time to get a card out.

And in the meantime, trouble's a brewin' and I have to get a message to the President before it's too late!
I sent him this message using the 'contact us' link on whitehouse.gov.

Dear Mr. President,
I'll keep this short and to the point.
I do not support intervening in Syria.
Using violence to get what we want is never going to help.  It doesn't make things better on a personal level, and it won't make things better on a global level.
No good can come of it.
Why are the deaths we cause using bombs less despicable than the deaths caused by chemical weapons?
There is no acceptable war, so don't convince yourself that some line has been crossed now that chemical weapons were used...the line was crossed when the first bullet was shot, and we did nothing (which I agree with).
It's horrible that people are dying.  We shouldn't add to it.
I wish you the best President Obama...I know these will be hard days for you.
Thank you for everything.
Vicky
Fingers crossed this note will make the difference!!!

No comments: