Thursday, July 28, 2011

What a disappointment

My letter to the President today

Dear Mr. President...
What the heck is going on?
Earlier this week you asked me to contact my Congressman to tell him I want a balanced approach to solve the debt crisis.  I want tax increases as well as an extension through 2012.
I did as asked.  I wrote to Dave Reichert.
I even wrote to you and let you know I'm on board.
These are key principles that can't be brushed aside.

Now, it's Thursday.  A scant day or two later.
Reid's plan (presumably endorsed by the White House) does NOT include a balanced approach.  The tax revenues have been dropped.

Huh?
What happened?
I don't get it. 
Why make a show of wanting to have a balanced approach only to drop it in a day or two?

I am very disappointed.

Vicky

No comments: