Sunday, June 5, 2011

Jesus Christ Superstar

The movie version of "Jesus Christ, Superstar" is one of my all-time favorite movies.  For me, it describes a human Jesus, political realities, the beginning of revolution, how popularity and fame change a message, and mob mentality.  I think every song I'm listening to is the best song of the record, until I hear the next one and remember how much I enjoy that song too.
Today I had an opportunity to see Village Theater's production of "Jesus Christ, Superstar".  The set and costumes were contemporary.  Because of all the revolutions taking place in the Middle East lately, that's the image I associated with the sets and costumes.  Really great.
The voices of both Judas (Michael K Lee) and Jesus (Aaron C Finley) were marvelous.  What talent.  I especially enjoyed "Heaven on Their Minds" from Lee.
There was even some 'street' choreography that was interesting and fun.
I feel really lucky to have seen it.
Fantastic job everyone!

No comments: