Friday, October 1, 2010

Project Runway

I'm not clear why Gretchen is so disliked by the fans. I find her to be honest, sincere, and generous. I can see that when she won the first couple challenges she may have started to think herself invincible, but beyond that I don't know what she's done that's worthy of such ire. Although watching her backpedal during the group challenge runway critique was painful and awkward to watch. But honestly, I've been in that position before; you compromise because you want everyone to feel included, and then get excited and stand up for it because that's the right thing to do. But when you are chastised for it you realize it didn't work and you're standing there alone and nobody else will join with you. It feels like crap because you thought you were being generous and supportive of your whole team, and they let you stand there and take the crap. That's doesn't feel fair, so you let it all go and speak the truth. It looks bad, but that's how I see it went down. She could have kept her mouth shut and let people believe she was to blame or she could stand up for herself.
Why is it okay that everyone else kept their mouth shut and are not to blame?
I think Gretchen is sincere and confident and talented. I like her and am proud of her.

Mondo was the star of the episode I just watched because of his personal backstory, but more importantly because he's the designer who just won his third challenge in a row. He started out the series feeling left out and alone, and we've discovered he's one of the more charming contestants.
Valerie has always been a favorite of mine. She has a gem of a personality. Her exit tonight was filled with love and class and generosity. She's good people.

No comments: