Thursday, August 5, 2010

Blue Angels

OMG!  I LOVE THE BLUE ANGELS!
It's Seafair Blue Angel time again...practice day started today.
And WHOOSH - they fly over my house a few times.  Its FAN TAS TIC!

Honestly, I'm not the kind of fan who goes too far out of her way to see the Blue Angels.  But, when they fly by I get quivery with excitement and run to the window whenever I think they could be coming close.
Over the years I've jumped up so many times to see them only to be disappointed because by the time I hear them, they're gone.  I've usually been in a place where I only get a glance anyway.
I've gotten a little lazy now.  Sometimes I hear them coming and try to figure out if they'll come close before I jump up.  By the time I figure it out - they're really gone and I missed the chance.  

The part that gives me the thrill is the sound of power behind the jets...it sounds so... 

"You better get out of my way because with the power of my big jets and my steely determination and my superior intelligence, I will...
KICK
YOUR
ASS!"

Boo-yah!

I'm not entirely proud of that feeling - but it is glorious.
:)

No comments: