Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Fun Night...

Last night LJB and I went to Neil Young.  There were two songs that stood out to me...Love and War, and Walk With Me.  He sounded great - clear voice.  I forgot how 'down tempo' Neil Young is.  I don't think he cared who was listening.  My feeling is that he was doing the tour because it's what expected of him and it IS Neil Young - I mean, what else, he wonders, would he do to make money?  His fans loved him.  I'm glad I saw him playing and singing.  I'm reminded of what a personal thing a song is - much different on CD than in a concert setting.  At a concert, I share the personal exchange between song and listener with a whole crowd of people who might have experienced the song differently than I did.  Strange.  However, I enjoy seeing the artist perform.  And I think he enjoyed it for his own sake.  Good songs.  Good venue.  Good company.  Good night.

No comments: