Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Health Care Reform and Gun Debate...WTF???



Huh? Now who decided these two issues should be comingled? Somebody sure did because its suddenly become 'hip and trendy' to protest at a health care reform meeting with an unconcealed gun. Especially if the President is speaking.

What the hell is going on?
From my perspective, half the country has gone off their rocker.

This morning I decided to watch CSPAN's Washington Journal when the guest turned out to be Richard Feldman labeled as a Gun Lobbyist and author of a new book called "Ricochet: Confessions of a Gun Lobbyist"

And then when I sign on to write my next blog entry, I see this article about people carrying guns to protest Health Care reform.

What a clever diversion from Health Care - Guns.

As, Joanna wrote in an e-mail to CSPAN this morning..."Do the people who are taking their guns to town hall meetings realize that if they had tried that stunt during the Bush administration, they would have been branded terrorists, hauled away, and water-boarded?"

I'm with you Joanna! Of course the guest, Richard Feldman, suggested that no laws had changed and nothing was different today than it was yesterday. So, I guess he's saying that people who took their guns to rallies during the Bush Administration (espcially to protest the Iraq war, maybe?) would have been treated the exact same.
Hmph. I don't believe it.
Let's be honest here. As Judge Judy would say, "Don't pee on my shoes and tell me its raining."

No comments: