Sunday, May 10, 2009

What if...


What if I was accompanied, all day long, by an official observer of my life who never asked me for anything or needed anything from me - they just followed me around from bedroom to bathroom, to car, to kitchen, to work, to store, etc? Would I still feel, at the end of the day, that I needed to be alone?





And what if I found out the observer was me?





Aha! What's that all about?
Is it really the people that make me want to be alone, or is it the expectation I have that the people want something from me that I can't give them unless I DO some unknown thing that I'm always on the watch for clues to - which can be quite exhausting.
So, the 'what if' experiment - even if the person didn't want anything from me, would I assume they wanted something from me anyway?

No comments: