Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Obama's Press Conference 03/24/2009, #2

Dear President Obama -

You sold me. I've been feeling nervous about the right thing to do. I've been wondering how I could tell who's right, who's wrong, and who's telling me reasonable things and who's just trying to scare me. I'd like a more radical change in our system so I wondered if Paul Krugman might be right.

The reality is, though, that we can't be as radical as I might like. Its not politically feasible, and sometimes revolutions come in small steps anyway - so in ten years it may LOOK like a radical change has taken place.

I would also like to say that you're most effective when you speak forthrightly and directly. Your answer to Ed Henry's question was so appropriate it made me happy. Your general tone of truth and honesty is refreshing and makes me even more confident. And laughing at the crazy place we find ourself is perfectly acceptable too.

In any event, I'm very proud of you. I'll do my best to continue paying attention to what's going on in Washington, be available in my community, and Keep Calm and Carry On.

All the best to you and your family!!! :)

Vicky

No comments: