Sunday, March 22, 2009

I don't know where I live anymore.


What's going on?
I live in a world in which we're politely discussing how to deal with a group of elite, wealthy, greedy, and ambitious people who turned the world's economy on its ear. Isn't this a scandal at least as grieveous as Watergate? As any sex scandal?
I understand the audaciousness of this 'crime' is overwhelming and there are so many at fault we don't know who to punish. But, we're not only not punishing anyone - we're debating how to reward the perpetrators! Right? I mean, we're discussing how or if we should take away their bonus money.
Isn't that odd? It seems there shouldn't even be a question of whether any of those people should get a bonus. The obvious answer is no. Its common sense. Right? Right?

No comments: