Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Another commercial I like, and one that I like but don't like the product

I've only mentioned commercials I don't like because they get my blood boiling.

But, there are at least a couple commercials I really like as well.

1. From fatherhood.org, the commercial (click the word 'cheerleader' on the right) of the man doing cheerleading moves in front of his rowhouse. At first you think he's kind of a goofy guy, but as the camera pulls back you see he's helping his little daughter with her cheerleading routine.
It's sweet and surprising and makes me think Awwwwwww....

2. Even though Comcast is using the Slowski's to show why DSL is so bad and people should purchase Comcast High Speed Internet - I love the Slowski's. I'm a Slowski - in spirit and in my internet usage; I use Verizon DSL and it makes me perfectly happy. To me, the Slowski's represent a refusal to be caught up in the mania of 'new' and 'fast'. Being a Slowski is about living life the way you CHOOSE to live rather than how the advertisers and corporate media would like you to live. If you want to be fast because its your CHOICE, that's great. If you want to live life at your own speed, you shouldn't be mocked. And if you're going to mock me for being slow - don't use such appealing characters as the Slowski turtles. I'm taking it as a compliment that I'm not allowing myself to be manipulated by the Comcast juggernaut!

Long Live the Slowski's!!!!!

No comments: