Tuesday, December 30, 2008

PRACTICE PEACE, IN THOUGHT WORD AND DEED

My motto for 2009.
Yay! After mulling it over for a few days, it popped into my head ready to go. I love it!

It has multiple levels.

Of course there's the obvious Peace in the sense that we need World Peace. I'm reminded to find alternative methods to resolve conflicts and be courageous enough to face the enemy without a weapon.

On an individual level, there's the violence I do to myself when I practice negative thinking. A peaceful mind opens up my life to new joy, easier communication, happier relationships, and all manner of good things.

And on another individual level, there's the violence I do to myself when I react negatively to people around me. When I am peaceful and content with my place in this space (I could use that as next year's motto - know my place in space! hmmm), I don't feel threatened, and I'm not affected by people's negative energy, and I don't feel the need to express "I was wronged", or to defend myself.

Overall, I think its a perfect motto for my year. I'm quite pleased.

My 2008 motto was hard. It had too many parts. (I'll review it on Wednesday).
My 2007 motto was short and sweet and although i'm still not great at it, I'd say I'm measureably better than I was in 2006. (Again, reviewed on Wednesday).

In addition to my motto (which is primary) - there are some things I'd like to focus on that are repeats from every other year...create a financial cushion, read more books, express creativity, go to the dentist (periodontist at this point), pay more attention to the Eckhart Tolle books (et al).

This is all for now. More on this tomorrow. (oh goody, right?)

No comments: