Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Another commercial I don't like!

This commercial stars Jillian Barbieri for Nutri-System.

She says "I know I'm not your average girl - I love sports" A football is tossed to her and she catches it. "How many girls could do that?"

Grrr...
1) a lot of girls like sports. Enough I'd say, that its a huge generalization to say that, on average, girls don't like sports. Girls participate and are enthusiastic supporters of all kinds of sporting events at all ages throughout their lives. If liking sports is a characteristic that Jillian Barbieri thinks makes her something out of the ordinary, I'd say she has an old-fashioned view of women in America.
2) She was standing in a studio and someone tossed her a ball from about three feet away. I'm pretty sure most girls would catch the ball.

This commercial bugs me every time I see it!!!

1 comment:

John said...

I love your commercial reviews!