Saturday, November 22, 2008

Obama's 11/22/2008 message

http://change.gov/newsroom/entry/2_5_million_jobs/

We really are a nation afloat. Bush has stopped governing (if he ever was) and Obama won't take over before he's supposed to. I like Obama's plan to rebuild our infrastructure to make sure people have jobs. But, we need it now!

From his message:

"But what is not negotiable is the need for immediate action."
"These Americans need help and they need it now."
"It is time to act. As the next President of the United States, I will."

So, he knows we need something now. From the tone of his words it sounds like he knows the current President isn't planning on doing anything. Yet, he won't do anything either. Grrr!

Now, let me be clear - he's completely right that there's only one President at a time. There's nothing he can do. But, given the current state of our economy, I would like something bold and decisive and exciting to happen. Like, just take over!!! Bush should acknowledge his heart's not in it anymore (and really, he's rich so none of this affects him anyway) and make it official that we can swear in Obama now instead of later.

That's why I'm not in charge of anything. I get too upset and scream out "SOMEBODY JUST DO SOMETHING!!".

When that happens in my small world I might jump in to do something because I see nobody else is doing anything and then I get screwed because I have no authority and no support. So, its not a good idea. But, its REALLY frustrating!!!! Two months is a long time in this economy.

No comments: