Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Barack Obama's 30 minutes

I just watched Barack Obama's 30 minute presentation on You Tube.

Emotionally, I'm very proud and hopeful and I believe if he wins things could be better. We could start down a path in which people believe again - in each other, and in the government, and will start trying again. The most destructive thing both Reagan and George HW Bush did as President was create an uncompassionate atmosphere in our country. By their policies and their attitudes they gave 'permission', in a way, to people to be mean to each other. They lacked compassion and empathy for every person's humanity. Its painful.

With Barack Obama, I believe, I hope, I pray that we'll turn the corner and become more positive and we'll see change and experience hope again. It could really happen.

God Bless Him. Its not going to be easy. He's going to have a lot of pushback on his programs and ideas. But, I believe he might be the one who can make a breakthrough. He won't just be standing up for the ideas - he'll fight for them by doing what he has to do. And he might have to compromise at first and he'll probably disappoint some people. But, please God, give him the strength to overcome it and keep pushing through. I wish I could help him. I don't know how people like that get made - people who have the courage to be President of the United States (not just the ego and the conceipt - but the courage). Again - all I can say is God Bless Him.

I'm getting a little overblown here. But, I need him to win.
I hope Joe Biden isn't right - that someone will test him. We have enough problems already. I don't want him to be crucified and villified because of the mess George Bush has given us.

I have high hopes.

As far as the 30 minute presentation itself? It was a little all over the map and didn't really get any more specific than he has in the last 20 months. I would have been interested to see how his programs might have specifically benefited the families he showed us. And he seemed to move from one topic to the next without really answering anything about the first topic.

Its okay with me because I've read his plans and I know I agree with him already. I'm fired up and ready for change. But, I hope other people got what they needed.

Only 5 more days and then ELECTION DAY! Thank you!

No comments: