Thursday, October 16, 2008

3rd Presidential Debate

If you support John McCain, you probably liked his debate performance last night.

I think John McCain was fidgety, discourteous, and his debate 'points' were fired like scattershot.

The people who track negative ads consider a negative ad to be any one that mentions the opposition (at least that's what I've noticed in my internet browsing).

I think there are two kinds of negative ads - the ones designed to point out policy differences, and the personal distraction kind.

I don't like policy difference ads because they don't really give the facts - they give a spin on the facts. But, I recognize that and I've accepted that's what happens.

The personal distraction kinds are the ones I consider very negative.

In the debate last night, I feel John McCain was equating negative policy ads from Obama with personal distraction ads from McCain. I find that to be more sleazy negative ads and the argument irritates me.

I'm a little surprised that much of the mainstream media considers the debate an Obama win. But, I'm glad of it.

I'm glad to see people are appreciating Obama's temperament. I don't know that Obama will do everything I want him to, but I trust he'll think about it intelligently and make a decision that benefits the overall goals I support.

No comments: