Monday, September 29, 2008

The 'bailout' didnt pass

Wow - what a weird time. The house is rejecting the bailout.
I think they're feeling scared of the anger from the constituency.
But, I do believe people don't understand how they'll be affected. They think only Wall Street is getting bailed out. But, they don't understand the trickle down factor. Trickle down doesn't work when it comes to giving money, but it sure as hell will work when its about taking money. If we don't spend money on the bailout, will we be spending an equivalent amount on unemployment benefits?
Well, we don't know for sure 700 billion is going to solve anything. We only know it at least gives us time to stop the panic. Maybe. The equity market wasn't reacting all that well anyway before the vote was taken.
Maybe this is the way it's supposed to work. I hope these people are right and I don't lose my job. The market could right itself.

No comments: