Sunday, July 20, 2008

Movies

I've watched movies less and less over the years. I think its because movies these days are made from a formula - they're made for a niche audience and follow the rules of the genre; just like genre fiction. I know its not true for all movies, but I'm less interested in looking for the gems. In the past, I bought DVD's of movies. Now, I belong to Netflix (love it!). In an effort to declutter my house, I've had to go through my DVD's and decide which movies I really want to keep and which I can recycle to the Library.

Roger Ebert said:
A great movie is one that you cannot bear to not see again.

If that's my criteria, I still don't know which movies to get rid of.

I recently purchased Movie Collector and cataloged all my DVD's of movies and television shows.
I like that. I figure if I have the DVD's in the software, I'll have an easier time sending movies to the library.

http://www.collectorz.com/movie/

No comments: