Friday, June 27, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance Top 16 Results

I didn't feel well last night so I didn't pay 100% attention to the show. Once again, I might have enjoyed the group dance if only there had been about 1/2 the number of camera cuts as there were.
There's a fine line between 'I don't get it' and 'brilliant' - the judges thought there'd be a problem with people not understanding Kourtni and Matt's dance on Wednesday, and Nigel said Matt's solo last night was 'brilliant'. I thought the dance last night was quite enjoyable, and I noticed Matt's movement in his solo was like a being from another world twisting and moving through this world. Good job. I appreciate that Nigel apologized to him.
I noticed something interesting this week. After Nigel told Matt he got to stay, the first person he hugged was not Kourtni. I wonder if part of her problem 'connecting' is because she is a very private person. She might have a hard time expressing her emotions in a social way - she's introverted, not extroverted. And that's why dance means so much to her; because its an outlet for her emotions that she doesn't otherwise have. This experience must be very difficult for her. I wonder.
I'm surprised that Jessica and Will didn't get dinged more by the judges and by America for what, to me, looked like a big mess in their dance. I thought it was pretty noticeable. I don't understand why they weren't in the bottom three. Oh well.
The people I would be disappointed if they left are: Kourtni, Matt, and Mark. I have appreciation for the dance and energy of: Katee, Joshua, Courtney, Gev, and Will. The ones I have the least connection with are Thayne, Comfort, Chelsie, Jessica. And the last two...strangely, I couldn't remember who I was missing for a long time. Kherington and Twitch. America loves them and they have presence and chemistry. Unfortunately, I have a natural born inclination to not follow the crowd.

No comments: