Saturday, June 7, 2008

Now that it's over, I'm sad that Hillary Clinton wasn't my choice and that her campaign is ended. I supported the idea of her running in 2004, but I guess "they" didn't think she'd been in the Senate long enough for it to be a realistic goal; that it would be better if she waited until 2008. She made the mistake of listening to "them" then, and she listened to "them" again this time when they told her she was a shoo-in, that caucuses don't matter, and it would be over at the beginning of February.
But, I'm proud of her. She really is a fighter. In 2004 I would have supported her 100% over John Kerry. In 2008, I want more - I want vision that's bigger than what we're used to. I don't pretend that Barack Obama will have a magical presidency, but he's shooting for something bigger than just policy changes. He'll have to work in the old-style bureaucracy, so there's a limit to what he can do.
I guess the fact that I can't get away from discussing why Barack Obama is better even though I'm trying to make this about Hillary is telling. I'm proud of her, I like her, I would have happily voted for her if she'd won the nomination. But, I really like Barack Obama. I have hope.

No comments: