Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Blogs, The Mole, and anticipation for So You Think You Can Dance

The Mole - I'm still on the Paul bandwagon. He alternates between crazy antagonism one week and calm, cool, and collected the next week. I think that means something. The people who thought they had lots of clues pointing to Victoria were wrong, which means following the clues didn't help. I remember when I watched the first season of The Mole (as I recall it came out at the same time as The Amazing Race) they went through all the clues at the end and I thought they were nearly foolish. Who would have thought THAT was a clue! And if they thought THAT was a clue, then ANYTHING could be a clue, so what's the point. That's why I don't want to bother with the clues. I'm surprised the show is already down to only 7 people left. It will be a fun show to think back on after we know who The Mole is.



I just spent a couple hours browsing through blogs. What a strange and interesting world. I like to read about people's stories. I'm inspired by people's passions and intentions and their striving for meaning. It can be a beautiful world. To paraphrase from the website greatergreaterwashington.org, we're already great, but we could be greater.

From a blog by a woman traveling in the Middle East, I learned that before you can find peace for the Palestinians, you have to define what peace looks like. (I'm sorry I don't remember what the blog was - a group of women, possibly from Denmark, were touring the Middle East with or for a group called Follow the Women). I think that's a lesson for so many communication issues in life. Its nice to work for peace - but what do you mean by peace? What does peace look like, and feel like, and work like? Its important to know.


As for So You Think You Can Dance...I'm going to critique it with a few more words than 'good' and 'nice' this week. I get tired and I just want to finish so I don't take the time to come up with words that more accurately describe my opinions. Tonight I'll watch each dance twice before writing up my thoughts. I hope I'm not up till midnight! I better get going, its started already and I think the TIVO is sufficiently ahead. I love the TIVO service (I loved it so much I even bought some stock, but it didn't do well for me at all, so I got out pretty quick).

No comments: